Managing an employee benefit fund is a complex undertaking. Trustees and administrators must comply with many laws and regulations, perform their fiduciary duties and satisfy the needs of demanding participants — all in an uncertain economic environment.
Many employee benefit funds in Michigan and other states turn to Novara Tesija, P.L.L.C. for the advice, services and representation they need. We use our knowledge and expertise to assist clients in all aspects of their work, including plan design, communications to participants, funding and other matters.
The Employee Benefits Firm
Novara Tesija, P.L.L.C. has more than 30 years of experience in the complex field of employee benefits law. Our firm has a full service staff devoted to serving the needs of both private and public sector employee benefit funds. We stay abreast of the ever-changing laws and regulations covering employee benefit funds — as well as the changing needs of our clients and their participants.
Our firm can provide advice and services in matters involving:
- Plan and Trust design
- Preparation of necessary policies and procedures
- Maintenance of tax-exempt status
- Compliance with all aspects of ERISA (including the Pension Protection Act (PPA) and Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (better known as the Health Care Reform Act)
- Department of Labor (DOL) audits
- Efficient and accurate review of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs)
- Drafting and review of communications to participants
- Collection of contributions owed to multi-employer plans (including alter-ego and withdrawal liability matters)
- Review of investment manager performance
- Litigation involving benefit disputes and other issues
- Public funds’ compliance with PA 314 laws and regulations
- Other matters involving employee benefit plans
Our firm has experience in highly complex matters, such as the merger and restructuring of pension/retirement plans.
Serving Employee Benefit Plans in Michigan and Nationwide
Novara Tesija, P.L.L.C. conducts a nationwide practice from our offices in Southfield, Michigan. Our clients include plans with assets ranging from $500,000 to over $1 billion. You can depend on Novara Tesija, P.L.L.C. for sound advice, cost-effective services and results-oriented representation.
Contact Novara Tesija, P.L.L.C. for a consultation with an employee benefits attorney. If your employee benefits plan is looking for new legal counsel, we will be happy to provide you with a written proposal for services.